Monday, November 17, 2014

11/17/14 Elder Peterson - I'm Grateful to Be a Missionary

Wow, this week went by so fast! But guess what? We got 20 lessons for the first time!!! It was awesome. We finally did it! We topped it off by going to the Why I Believe fireside last night. It was a really cool experience. Dennis Pitta from the Baltimore Ravens spoke with his wife. They both did a wonderful job. It was amazing to hear both of their testimonies of the Gospel. They have very strong testimonies which was cool to realize. I can't imagine how hard it would be to be in the NFL and have to deal with all of the temptations that come from the atmosphere. I really look up to him for the Spirit he carries with him.

So, we had some amazing miracles and some amazing experiences this past week. Elder Kacher from the Seventy came to our mission for a Conference. He is an amazing man. He taught us so much. Something that he really touched on in his time here was the importance of having faith in the work. When we have faith we can do ANYTHING. That is what he wanted us to realize. When we have faith that we will be able to teach 20 lessons we will do it. When we have faith that we will find people to teach we will find them. When we have faith that we will be obedient we will be obedient. It is that simple, and Elder Lim and I have faith. We are moving mountains over here everyone.

It really was a cool experience to talk with Elder and Sister Kacher and hear their powerful testimonies of the Gospel and of missionary work. They really helped me to get a spiritual boost that will last for a long time. Elder Lim and I have set some goals to help us become better focused and better motivated to do the work. I am really excited for this week. 

Only 10 more days until Thanksgiving. Oh yeah baby! I am excited to stuff my face. I can already taste the Turkey and Mash Potaters. Oh sorry my southern drawl kicked in there a bit. Did I mention that I am in Southern Maryland?

Well, some of the miracles from this past week. Do you remember Bobby Joe and Gabby that I was telling you about from the Singles ward? Turns out that they accepted baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am super excited!!!!!!!!!! I almost cried when I found that out. Like seriously. I don't know if anyone can picture me crying but it is true. I almost did. It was so awesome! They are some of the coolest people in the world. They are planning on getting baptized on January 11th.

This past week Elder Lim and I were able to go and teach Richard and Sherry W. The missionaries have been meeting with them down here for a few months. Richard has been in a rehabilitation center for about 3 months recovering from foot surgery and we have been meeting with them there since that time. Turns out that he got out of the center this past Saturday! He was excited to get home.  We are meeting with them tomorrow night.

So, one of the last things that I wanted to share was about the workout we did this morning. We ran a mile, did 100 pull-ups, 300 air squats, 200 push ups, and ran another mile. Guess who did it? This guy. I almost died. I didn't think that I could do it but I actually did. It was pretty awesome. My push ups were pretty lousy, but that's okay. 

Well, I am grateful to be a missionary. There are things that I have learned out here that I wouldn't have ever learned in my life unless I came out here. That is the power of the Gospel. 

I love you all! 
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment