Monday, January 19, 2015

1/19/15 Elder Peterson - I Will Never Forget!

Well, this past week was pretty crazy. We had a wonderful week! For
starters, we got a new investigator this past week! Her name is Flora
and she is super nice. We had a great first visit with her. She is
open to having us over, and at this current time, she is "not probably
going to come to church" or "not convert"..... Haha, that's what she thinks! She is ready for the gospel. She just doesn't know it yet. She will though.

Also, this past week we had a couple of crazy appointments. We have
had a potential investigator for the whole time I have been here named Aabeba. We have tried to set up appointments with her a couple of times. She was nice but we were starting to give up on her a bit. We set up one more time and we were actually able to meet with her! When we got to her home we came to discover that she does not speak English very well at all. She is from a country in Africa called Eritrea. It was super hard to teach her. But she did understand one thing. We invited her to be baptized, and she said no. Bummer....it was funny.

This past Saturday, President and Sister Cooke had all of the
missionaries leaving up at their home for dinner. It was an enjoyable
time. It was fun to see all of the missionaries, well most of the
missionaries, that came out with me. Elder Hansen, Elder Johnson,
Elder Owens, Elder Farley. It was fun! The thing that is so awesome
about this mission is that it is small. I have been able to get to
know all of them very well. The mission has been such a wonderful
experience. I have learned so much! I have experienced so much! I have grown so much. It has been so crazy!

Well, it's been real! This is the first time that I have said this,
but I am excited to see everyone at home! I will never forget the
people, the places, and the experiences I have been able to have here
out in DC and Maryland. I am excited for the new experiences ahead of me. Life is crazy, but that is what makes it fun.

Love you all! 
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment